Let's face it, we all love our smart devices and most of you probably can't imagine a minute without them. I'm even guilty of it, but we all need to unplug sometimes and take a break from technology, especially during the holidays.
It's important to capture those special moments, but you don't have to post every photo on every social media site to show how your holiday was. This holiday season, focus on putting your phones down and interacting with the people around you.
Need help? Here are 6 ways you can unplug and recharge this holiday season.
1.No Devices at Mealtime. Designate all mealtimes as periods where devices are put away and face-to-face conversation can be had. That's how our grandparents used to do it!
2. Discuss and write down goals. Let your kids be a part of setting the goals and sharing their input. Schedule (limited) time that both the kids and parents can use technology.
3. Stick to your guns. Like every good goal, it needs to be enforced. Parents, let your kids know you are serious and set tech time limits. Your kids can help keep you in line as well.
4. Use technology together. If you must have access to the Internet and use technology, use it together. Look for games and activities on apps that everyone can play together.
5. Don't check it if there isn't a notification. Kids watch and learn from their parents. If you are constantly checking your phone, your kids will too. Think before you check; use downtime to improve family time rather than your relationship with friends and coworkers.
6. Go old-fashioned style. Challenge each other to have fun offline. Play versions of your favorite games that don't require technology. Get creative!
Want to ask me a tech question? Send it to email@example.com. If you prefer to connect with me on social media, you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter and watch great tech tip videos on our YouTube channel. I love technology. I've read all of the manuals and I want to make technology fun and exciting for you.
If you need on-site or remote tech support for your Windows\Macintosh, computers, laptops, Android/Apple smartphone, tablets, printers, routers, smart home devices, and anything that connects to the Internet, please feel free to contact my team at Integral. My team of friendly tech experts is always standing by to answer your questions and help make your technology useful and fun. Reach out to us a www.callintegralnow.com or phone at 888.256.0829.